ADVERTISEMENT

The Rise Report - October 7th

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
Today on the Rise Report we drop scoops on Xavier Newman, Trajon Cotton, Malik Horton, update the Colorado visitor list, catch up with a few commitments that just left Boulder, and much more.

I - Hover over any recruit's name in this thread to jump to their rivals profile.

Texas Commitment Xavier Newman to visit Colorado next weekend

6-foot-4, 285 pound Xavier Newman out of Desoto, Texas will be taking an official visit to Colorado next weekend when the Buffs host Arizona State. Newman has been committed to Texas since April 21st of 2016, but has had a wondering eye recruiting wise since according to our sources. Newman who is a 3-star tackle projects more as an interior linemen at the college level and though he is visiting Colorado next weekend, he still has a visit to Texas lined up in December. Our sources tell us he genuinely likes Colorado and has for time and though his family would like him to stay in-state, the potential coaching turmoil at Texas with Charlie Strong on the hot seat could re-open recruiting and the commitment. The Buffs already have receiver Laviska Shenualt from Desoto committed and KD Dixon also out of Desoto also is very high on Colorado.

Trajon Cotton Very Interested In Colorado
3-Star Athlete Trajon Cotton out of Inderkum, California who has over 20 offers on the table is very interested in Colorado. “All the CU coaches are recruiting me right now. Klayton Adams, Jim Leavitt, and Coach Charles Clark have recruited me mostly.” Cotton recently has visited Nebraska and Oregon, in fact, he watched Colorado beat Oregon 41-38 at Autzen Stadium with teammate Josh Falo just a few weeks ago. “My interest in Colorado is very high. Impressions from Colorado beating Oregon was: Colorado has a lot of fight in them. I might take my official visit to Colorado next weekend (Arizona State).” According to Cotton the three big factors that his commitment will come down to: “My relationship with the staff, education, and feeling like it’s home.” When asked about his playing style, “I’ll play anything in the secondary and I’m the smartest man on the field because of my quarterback background.” As mentioned Cotton is teammates with 4-star tight end Josh Falo who also has an offer from Colorado. “Josh is like my brother and it’s amazing playing with such a competitor. I enjoy every game as it’s like my last.”

Malik Horton Plans To Make Commitment On 28th
Langston Hughes, Georgia Linebacker Malik Horton announced that he will make a commitment on October 28th. Many have speculated that Colorado is no longer actively recruiting Horton, however, Horten told us on the 6th of October that Colorado is still in play and among his top 10. What is interesting is that Horton has yet to visit Boulder, Colorado which leads us to believe he’ll commit elsewhere in the next few weeks. We’re still waiting to hear back from Horton who has offers from Colorado, Louisville, and Maryland.

Dimitri Moore Will Be In Colorado on October 14th
Cedar Hill, Texas three-star linebacker Dimitri Moore is the most identifiable player on the field for his Cedar Hill High School defense. Sporting a neckroll, knee-high socks, and an often-exposed midriff, he has a knack of flying to the ball from his linebacker position. As a long, rangy defender that can close quickly and run with receivers out of the slot, teams with aggressive, attacking defenses are all serious about adding his services. Moore has had four official visits scheduled, including two taken already; one on September 16 to Kansas State, and the other to Vanderbilt last weekend. Full Story Link: https://n.rivals.com/news/dimitri-moore-breaks-down-official-visit-schedule

What We Know On Greg Rogers
From everything I am putting together Greg Rogers the 6-foot-4, 305-pound defensive tackle out of Arbor View, Nevada heading to Colorado is very possible, but he's not going to make a decision until he takes all his official visits. He's attending USC, UCLA, and Arizona State still. Lit could mean that Colorado has the best weed outside of Northern California, but it likely means he had a great time with fellow high school football players that are already committed to Colorado.He's now following Coach Chiaverini's son Curtis and also is following Colorado Commit Alex Fontenot who is a running back at George Ranch in Texas and also following Timothy Coleman, guessing here, but that's likely who showed him around. I have reached out to Rivals National Recruiting Writer Adam Gorney to get an update. I have been unsuccessful trying to contact him. Colorado beating USC Saturday would be huge for obvious reasons.

Rogers needs to know
He can play eight away or at least had a shot
Colorado is big time football
Coaches can get him ready for the next level

Visit Dates
Oklahoma on 9/17
Colorado on 10/1
Arizona State on 10/8 vs. UCLA
UCLA on 11/19 vs. USC
USC on 11/26 vs. Notre Dame

Faavae Faavae set to announce
6-foot-1, 210-pound linebacker Faavae Faavae out of Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California will make his decision on October 21st live on Fox Sports TV. The 3-star linebacker has over 15 solid offers, Colorado among the 15 or so that have pursued him over the last few months. We are hearing that Colorado’s recruiting efforts as well as Faavae’s interest level in Colorado have cooled recently. We’re assuming at this point that he will be a west coast offer, but no other detail at this point.

Dante Sparaco 100% committed to the Buffs
Following the Buffs 47-6 victory over Oregon State 3-Star Defensive Linemen Dante Sparaco who is currently playing at the IMG Academy made things even more official regarding his commitment to the Buffs. “I am ecstatic to announce that today I officially signed my scholarship paperwork to attend the University of Colorado. I am extremely humbled and grateful to be able to have this support and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store. God Bless and #skobuffs.” When communicating with Dante following the game he told us this, “"How could you not enjoy Boulder, I love it more every time I'm there. We are not exactly sure what position I'll play. There has been some talk but at the end of the day it depends on what my body is like when I get there and what they need me to play." He also told us his most accurate height and weight is 6-foot-5, 265 pounds.

Interview with Jaylon Jackson after visit to Colorado
We recently talked to Colorado Commit Jaylon Jackson following his official visit to Colorado. Jackson watched Colorado put it on Oregon State 47-6. “My impression of being in Boulder was that the team was here to make a statement on the PAC 12 bringing The Rise back. What I like most is that the team is like a brother hold and they all have each others’ back and ready to go to war for each other. I can see my self living there and actually told my parents I’m moving back after I go to the League (Haha).” On the atmosphere in Boulder, “It was wonderful and the people were loud in the stands and pretty it was pretty packed at the game. I am most excited about getting back on the field and ballin with my boys.”

Nick Warren Hearing From Colorado
Nick Warren out of Huntington Beach, California is a 6-foot-0, 175 pound athlete that is hearing from Colorado as of late. “I was super excited that Coach Charles Clark came to see me at my school and gave me a personal invite to come out to camp in Colorado. I also talk to Coach Chev two times per month and really like how knowledgeable he is. Other D1 schools I’m talking to include schools such as BYU, Eastern Washington, UTAH, SDSU, NAU, and Boise State.”

Mark McMilliam JR Interested in Colorado
6-foot-2, 155 pound Mark McMillan Jr. out of Gilbert, Arizona recently attended Colorado on an unofficial visit. The Class of 2018 prospect does not hold any current offers on the table, but he comes from a strong bloodline being his father is Mark McMillan Senior who played for Alabama before being drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in 1992. We caught up with McMilliam to get his take on Boulder. “It was amazing! The family atmosphere was amazing. They have easily one of the most dynamic offenses in football which is, of course, important to me as a receiver. What stood out the most was everybody was a family and the crowd was loud!! The coaches were all interacting with me as well as other recruits and even players. My interest level is high in Colorado, I love what the coaches have put together. The program is great from players to all of the staff. I met with coach; Hagan, Macintyre, Chiaverini, and all of the recruiting coordinators.”

Colorado Official Visitors Update
Over the next few weeks, Colorado will be hosting some of the top high school football players in the country. Here is an update list of who will be on campus over the next few weeks, this page will be updated as we move forward. Link: https://colorado.rivals.com/news/colorado-visitor-list

ICYMI: Colorado Commitment Forecast
Today we look at the Colorado Commitment Forecast and publish our latest commitment forecasts for Colorado Football. KD Dixon will be taking an official visit to Colorado on October 15th with Buff commit Laviska Shenault. Link: https://colorado.rivals.com/news/commitment-forecast

ICYMI: Tracking The Colorado Commitments
This fall we're going to track each of the Class of 2017 Colorado Football Commitments during their senior football seasons. Link: https://colorado.rivals.com/news/tracking-the-colorado-football-commitments

Basketball Recruiting: Lathon attracting high majors

GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- Down on the south side of Kansas City, junior combo guard Jordan Lathon has been impressing coaches with the strides he's taken with his game. Wednesday afternoon, Rivals.com was in the gym to catch up with the three-star junior at Grandview High. Last weekend, Lathon took an unofficial visit to Colorado and left Boulder with a scholarship offer from Tad Boyle. Read More Here: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/lathon-attracting-high-majors

Colorado Football Commitments
8/2 - Carson Wells - DL - 6-foot-4, 235 - Bushnell, FL, 2 Stars
7/30 - Nate Landman - LB - 6-foot-3, 210 - Danville, CA, 3 Stars
7/26 - Will Sherman - OL - 6-foot-3, 290 - Allen, TX, 3 Stars
7/24 - Morrell Osling III - QB/ATH - 6-foot-2, 185 - Lancaster, CA Unranked
7/24 - Shamar Hamilton - DE - 6-foot-5, 235 - Miami, FL - Unranked
7/11 - Grant Polley - OL - 6-foot-5, 275 - Denton, TX - 3 Stars
7/2 - Isaiah Lewis - S - 6-foot, 197 pounds Granite Bay. CA - Unranked
6/28 - Sebastian Olver - ATH - 6-foot-4, 248 - Kentfield, CA - Unranked
6/27 - Maurice Bell - WR - 6-foot-0, 175 - Murrieta, CA - 3 Stars
6/24 - Heston Paige - OL - 6-foot-5, 270 - Thunder Ride, CO - 2 Stars
6/22 - Chris Miller - DB - 6-foot-0, 175 - Denton, TX - 3 Stars
6/21 -Tyler Lytle - QB - 6-foot-5, 205 - Anaheim, CA - 3 Stars
6/19 - Chase Newman - LB - 6-foot-1, 205 - La Mirada, CA - 3 Stars
6/14 - Alex Fontenot - RB - 5-foot-11, 185, Richmond, TX - 3 Stars
4/22 - Laviska Shenault - WR - 6-foot-2, 205 - DeSoto, TX - 4 Stars
4/2 - Jaylon Jackson - WR - 5-foot-10, 150 - Cedar Hill, TX - 4 Stars
2/29 - Dante Sparaco - ATH - 6-foot-4, 265 - IMG Academy, FL - 3 Stars
2/28 - Jonathan Van Diest - LB - 6-foot-2, 235 - Greenwood Village, CO - 3 Stars

Commits By Position
1 - Quarterback
1 - Running Back
3 - Receivers
0 - Tight Ends
3 - Offensive Linemen
2 - Defensive Linemen
3 - Linebacker
2 - Defensive Backs
3 - Athletes
Total - 18 as of October 6th

Where They Are From
7 - From California
6 - From Texas
3 - From Colorado *Counted Dante from CO
2 - From Florida

Highest Rated Rivals.com Recruit
Jaylon Jackson - WR - 5-foot-10, 150 - Cedar Hill, TX - 4 Stars
Note: Removed Jalin Burrell, the Moorpark JC DB

Class of 2018 Offers
Here are a few updated offers that have been extended out by Colorado to the Class of 2018.

Jaiden Woodbey
St. John Bosco
Bellflower, CA
6-foot-2, 205
Athlete
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/6

Jalen Rasheed Nailor
Bishop Gorman
Las Vegas, Nevada
5-foot-11, 170
Athlete
Class of 2018
3 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/6

Brendan Radley-Hiles
Calabasas
Calabasas, CA
5-foot-10, 175 Pounds
Defensive Back/Receiver
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 9/3

Austin Osborne
Mission Viejo
Mission Viejo, CA
6-foot-2, 175
Receiver
Class of 2018
4 Stars

Keondre Coburn
Westfield
Houston, TX
6-foot-2, 305
Defensive Tackle
Class of 2018
4 Stars

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Bishop Borman
Las Vegas, Nevada
6-foot-2, 190
Dual Threat Quarterback
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: 4/26

Elijah Wade
Arbor View
Las Vegas, Nevada
6-foot-5, 240
Defensive End
Class of 2018
4 Stars
Offered by Colorado: June 26th

Tuli Letuligasenoa
De La Salle
Concord, California
6-foot-2, 295
Defensive Tackle
3-Star
Class of 2018
Offered by Colorado Oct. 2nd

Coverage for USC Game
The Breakdown: No. 21 Colorado at USC (Thursday Update)
Mike MacIntyre and Clay Helton discuss upcoming matchup
Colorado Football Statistical Leaders By Position
READ: Started from the Bottom, Now they're here
The 3-2-1: Now Nationally Ranked, sky is the limit for Colorado

By @Rraalph Five Factors: CU @ USC
Post Your Colorado vs. USC Prediction Here
What USC Fans are saying about this weekend
Uniform Combination for USC
Inside Folsom Field: October 5th (Depth Chart Added)

Hoops Coverage
Tad Boyle 10/5 Post Practice Interview
Tad Boyle 10/4 Post Practice Interview
2018 Hoops unofficial visitor this weekend

kpjjiyzipgmab0q7gztr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News