ADVERTISEMENT

Full Q&A with South Sumter (FL) defensive end/tight end Carson Wells

ChristianJames

Buff Heisman
Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Carson Wells Rivals
Carson Wells Hudl

What football camps did you go to this summer?
"I went to probably about a dozen. I went out to Colorado, Air Force, Florida, North Carolina State, Louisville, Western Kentucky, Mercer, Samford, and a few different satellite camps."

How was your time at Colorado?
"I felt like I did really good. The altitude got me a little bit because I was not used to it. Once I got my second wind, I felt like I did really good."

What was the feedback from the coaches at Colorado?
"I worked with Coach Leavitt most of the time and he is also recruiting me. He was proud of me and thought I did really good. After the camp was over, I worked at tight end. Coach MacIntyre was there and he liked me at tight end too."

How do you feel about Colorado?
"The facilities are great. The school looked great too. They definitely don’t have as much humidity as I'm used to for sure."

What schools are recruiting you the hardest?
"Colorado and Tulane have been recruiting me the hardest. Florida is recruiting me a lot but they haven't offered a scholarship yet."

What colleges have offered you?
"I have fifteen. It is Colorado, Tulane, Ivy League schools like Harvard, Yale, Columbia, and then air force, Valdosta State, Samford, Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, and Central Arkansas."

When are you going to make a final decision?
"I'm going to try to get it done before the season starts."

Do you have a favorite or have you narrowed it down?
"I have it narrowed down a little bit. Me and my parents will sit down and talk about it over the next couple of weeks and weigh out all the schools."

What do you have it narrowed down to?
"Colorado, Tulane, and then Air Force Academy. I am still trying to get to Florida. It is 45 minutes away down the road and it is the dream school. I still am going to another camp there."

Are you doing any other visits going forward?
"I'm going to South Carolina, Florida, and FSU in the next two weeks for camps and visits."

Do you have any just college visits planned?
"I don't have any planned as of now."

What is your process your final decision?
"I've already talked to and seen what most of the schools have to offer."

Do you have a single favorite?
"Not yet."

What are the biggest factors in your decision?
"Academics. That will be the main one."

Will location matter?
"No sir."

Last edited:
Reactions: DBBUFF and CL34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News