ADVERTISEMENT

Former Arizona QB commit Clay Millen updates recruitment, talks CU interest

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
I'm sure many of you will recall Snoqualmie (Washington) QB Clay Millen. He committed to Arizona over the summer but was pursued heavily by Karl Dorrell and Danny Langsdorf. Millen is now back on the market, having decommitted from U of A following Kevin Sumlin's dismissal and Jedd Fisch's decision not to retain offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

CU right now looks like the frontrunner to land him after all, and he's been speaking with the Buffs quite a bit as of late, it would seem. Per Millen, Dorrell and Langsdorf told him back over the summer that they were going to be taking two quarterbacks this class.

While Drew Carter and JT Shrout certainly fit that bill, I wouldn't be surprised if there is room yet for Millen to join the fold. He told me that of all the schools that offered him, Colorado was the only one that was taking multiple QBs in 2021.

I don't want to wrongly diagnose the situation, but it would appear Millen's options are slimmer than what they were in the summertime due to that. He said he wants to commit in a week to 10 days or so and the Buffs look to be in good shape with him.

Clay Millen updates recruitment after his decommitment from Arizona

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News