ADVERTISEMENT

Final drive

SouthernBuff

All-Pac 12
Jan 24, 2002
Even with the lopsided 4th qtr CU had a chance. They got the ball back with about 5:30 minutes and needed s FG to tie.

They moved the ball a bit then tried a JayMac pass hoping to catch the D sleeping. He was smart not to force a throw.

2nd and 9. I told my wife that the way asu was running the ball, if They get it back they will run out the clock. This is CUs last possession. 4 down territory. I said just don’t take a sack. What happens? A sack. Montez needs to be ready to get rid of the ball. Skip it to someone just don’t go backwards.

3rd and what, 18? If you can’t hit an open man for all of it just get a chuck if it back and make 4th down reasonable. Instead a deep ball down the sidelines to a covered wr. Was he behind the dB in one on one coverage, sure but the dB was running with him. it is a low percentage play.

Now it’s 4th and 18 so they had to punt. I just think the 2nd and 3rd down decisions were not great and that sealed their fate.

Not saying Montez lost the game b/c so many things played into it - punt block, dropped passes (more than just the tds), multiple times WRs fell down, poor tackling (good effort trying to rip the ball out but dudes just kept running and moving the chains).

Frustrating. Absolutely gave UCLA and asu games away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News