ADVERTISEMENT

Couple thoughts.......

JBTBUFFS

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
San Antonio, TX
Depth, at least on D, has been stronger than I would have anticipated. We have been pretty banged up in the secondary, but have managed to find serviceable replacements every week. One thing I noticed last night was that we had the depth on D to bring in quite a few fresh players late in the game. Given our history of not playing well in the Tempe heat, this was probably a great strategy. ASU was really banged up late and they did not have an advantage over us with the heat like I remember in previous years. Not so much on O, but we are being forced to develop some depth on the O Line due to injuries.

Also, physically, we seemed to beat ASU up a bit late.

I really find it funny after all of the years of endless debate over recruiting star rankings, that 3 star corner Carter Stoutmire seems to have been given significantly more playing time than 5 star Cormani McClain. Maybe it's just because he works harder and / or is just more mature at this point.

Does Javon Antonio look a bit awkward to anyone else but me? God knows I appreciate his contribution last night and Prime was saying he is a great, hard working kid. He basically tripped over his own feet on the long reception on the final drive. He just looks sort of slow and clumsy to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News