ADVERTISEMENT

Couple thoughts.......

JBTBUFFS

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
San Antonio, TX
Depth, at least on D, has been stronger than I would have anticipated. We have been pretty banged up in the secondary, but have managed to find serviceable replacements every week. One thing I noticed last night was that we had the depth on D to bring in quite a few fresh players late in the game. Given our history of not playing well in the Tempe heat, this was probably a great strategy. ASU was really banged up late and they did not have an advantage over us with the heat like I remember in previous years. Not so much on O, but we are being forced to develop some depth on the O Line due to injuries.

Also, physically, we seemed to beat ASU up a bit late.

I really find it funny after all of the years of endless debate over recruiting star rankings, that 3 star corner Carter Stoutmire seems to have been given significantly more playing time than 5 star Cormani McClain. Maybe it's just because he works harder and / or is just more mature at this point.

Does Javon Antonio look a bit awkward to anyone else but me? God knows I appreciate his contribution last night and Prime was saying he is a great, hard working kid. He basically tripped over his own feet on the long reception on the final drive. He just looks sort of slow and clumsy to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News