ADVERTISEMENT

OT - When One Door Closes...Another Door Opens

NCBuff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Charlotte, NC
When one door closes, another one opens…
Back in December 2022, the above phrase was true for Buff Nation. Coach Prime had just been hired to change the team and culture for Colorado Buffs Football.
In my case, my closing door was when I recently resigned from my part-time retail sales position at a large department store chain. It was a small source of extra income. If you’ve ever been in retail, you know you spend many hours on your feet during the day…even if it’s a “medical accommodation” situation where you are only there for four hours three days a week. The physical and mental fatigue caused by my cancer drug treatment and the hours on my feet were completely eroding my quality of life. The small amount of earnings was simply not worth the severe exhaustion. I would come home from work, take a three-hour nap, get up, have dinner, and then go right back to bed. My ability to enjoy simple activities and short-day trips was greatly limited due to my continuing fatigue and work schedule. Medical leave was no longer an option as I had already exhausted that benefit. My only choice was to resign, and upon grappling with that realization, I knew what I must do.
The part of that job that I will miss is the fellowship of the people with whom I worked. Their concerns and prayers have always meant a lot to me and still do. Fortunately, I still have many friends in Buff Nation and your concerns and prayers also support me.
Now that the door has closed on that part of my life, I am optimistic about the next opportunity. I’m not quite sure where that open door is yet, but I look forward to walking through it with an increased sense of purpose and energy.
I want to thank all of you who read Buff’s NewsStand for your ongoing support, concern, caring, prayers, and love.
Please don’t stop…I need you now more than ever!

Blessings to you all, Sko Buffs!

Craig (NCBuff)
To donate support through my job transition, please click the link:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News