ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Latest Cancer Update

NCBuff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Hey there, fellow inhabitants of this crazy planet! Craig here, accompanied by Oliver, the self-proclaimed Master Feline of the Universe.

So, picture this: I'm on my 82nd lap around the sun, aiming for more laps if the creek don’t rise and ruin the party. But wait, hold onto your hats, because here comes the plot twist! My blood tests recently had me sweating bullets, thinking I might have to say goodbye to my Keytruda lifeline. Turns out, my kidneys are acting like they're auditioning for a trampoline show, bouncing all over the place with their levels. Apparently, I've got 45% kidney damage, thanks to a chemo cocktail from way back when. Who knew chemo could be so rude?

Now, instead of swirling wine like a pro, I'm chugging water like it's the latest health craze. It's like a sommelier's worst nightmare, but hey, I'll take it over kidney damage any day! And speaking of unexpected talents, I've become a regular at the acupuncture clinic, trying to keep my anxiety, fatigue, and rogue kidneys in check. Who knew poking needles could be so therapeutic?

But wait, there's more! My swallowing abilities decided to go on vacation without me, leaving me to choke on food like a newbie at a hot dog eating contest. Cue the panic! Thankfully, a Speech Pathologist is riding to the rescue, and I'm seeing them faster than you can say "Heimlich maneuver."

In the midst of all this chaos, art has become my saving grace. I'm gearing up for a gallery event, ready to show off my creations like a proud parent at a talent show.

Oh, and did I mention Oliver, my furry sidekick? He's been a bit feisty lately, probably because I'm smelling like all kinds of funky with my wonky blood values. Cats, am I right? One minute they're cuddling, the next they're treating your hand like a chew toy.

Now, onto the less glamorous part: medical bills. They're piling up faster than I can say "ouch," and it's like playing a never-ending game of financial whack-a-mole. If you've got a spare dollar or two rattling around in your pocket, consider tossing it my way. Every little bit helps, and I promise to shower you with gratitude that'll warm your heart faster than a microwave burrito.

My current unpaid copays balance is $4,750.To donate, please click on this link:

Thanks for being awesome, folks. Your support means the world to me, Oliver, and my ever-dwindling bank account.

Blessings, Craig (NCBuff)

• Love
Reactions: drchrishall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News