ADVERTISEMENT

OT: knee replacement

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
Anyone on here who is very active and still did dumb things to their bodies and pushed things get a knee replacement between 50 and 55 then go back to being able to go all out?
I have two buddies who have and play competitive level adult sports, bike, run, climb, etc.
My doctor though is trying to delay this as long as possible in my case and I feel like it might be time.
I’ve got a terrible right knee I have to drain every 8-12 weeks to remove the apple from it and it’s made my atrophy in my leg pretty bad because I can only hit it hard for 3-4 weeks in the weight room until the swelling comes back.
I still ski very hard, hike, bike and play soccer with my kid but not like 2 years ago. I cant run anymore which sucks.

Long story short I’m turning 50 and I’m not ready in the slightest to slow down. I have no ACL but that doesn’t matter. I haven’t for years. The issue is the arthritis, fluid etc slowing me down.

I’m trying to find enough examples of guys doing it then getting back after it.
Any help would be aweosme. I need the conviction to make my doctor move forward with it.

Thanks guys. I am over feeling limited. Look me up in 30 years and I might be ready to slow down

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCo Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News