ADVERTISEMENT

Latest from Carlo Kemp

Maximus Buff

Buff Legend
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006
Read into whatever you will or won't:

While the Rams have earned a great deal of interest from Kemp, CSU could be hard-pressed in landing the top in-stater. Kemp said he feels that a Michigan offer could come at any moment, while the chance to play for a Power Five program is at the top of Kemp's wish list.

"With CSU, you know, I'm definitely going to keep my two home schools (CSU and CU) pretty high, just because they're home, they're close, and staying in the state and how important that is. So both CSU and CU, they're both, I guess if you want to rate it, above average type of interest, just because they're at home."

So what will CSU have to do to snag a signature from Colorado's top player for 2016?

"That's kind of hard, because they had a very good season last year and I expect them to do well again," Kemp said. "It's just, for me, playing in the Mountain West Conference is not something I want to do. I want to go out there and play in one of the Power Fives now. That way I can really go out there and prove myself, coming from Colorado, where typically we don't really get a lot of respect. I want to prove that I can play with anyone from everywhere."

Kemp collected 66 tackles, eight sacks and 20 tackles for loss as a junior at Fairview in Boulder. He added that he likely will not announce a commitment until later this fall, as he plans on taking all five official visits before committing.

"You can expect me to narrow it down after I take all five of my official visits. That's probably the earliest I would announce anything, because as of right now, I really don't know. I'm just going through the motions, talking to coaches, building relationships, and I think it's all going to come down to my officials coming up after my senior season - just getting that one-on-one, more personal connection while I'm out there and getting to see everything. I think that's really what's going to dictate my decision."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News