ADVERTISEMENT

We're absolutely on the right track

Colorado_84

Buff Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
I posted on another thread but wanted to start a new one because it had gotten so long. Here is my perspective...

There are a lot of posters who are now suddenly highly negative and against the coaches because of the last two games. I clearly saw different games than they did. Sure, there were some calls that weren't great. I also saw some bad decisions by opposing coaches. But the talent disparity was obvious. And at a certain point, you simply can't get past well-coached, superior talent.

It takes time to build a team with talent across all positions and depth behind them. And what I see in MM is that he is building the foundation, brick by brick, and it's solid. He's made tough decisions and changed out staff when he had to. And he made good choices when doing so. And the players bonded with the staff and with each other - and took the coaching. That is why we had a great season.

There is nothing that says to me we should become haters about him or the program. But some people are only fans when things are going well. Or they're trolls from other programs seeking to undermine our recruiting (yes, it happens, and it's fair to point to that possibility as a motive when posts seem particularly negative and off-base). Hopefully recruits can see through that kind of thinking. Lots of marquee teams lost recently, some by large margins. It doesn't mean they are bad or the coaching now sucks.

I'm proud of the program, the character of the players, and how it is being built. And the heart of it is MM. We'll look back some day and realize that it is a special period we're witnessing. And the recruits who come here will be proud of having been a part of something special.

Go Buffs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News