ADVERTISEMENT

We saw it, they saw it, lets get it done.

CastleRockBuff

Buff Heisman
Sep 19, 2006
ESPN … Confidential questions posed to opposing Pac-12 coaches render interesting answers

Coach, can you talk about whether Mike MacIntyre is the right guy? … “I think so. I think he went into a tough spot because – and I like Jon Embree a lot – but that was the wrong hire (in 2011) from where they were. You don’t give a team like that to a first-time coach. The wrong hire can set a program back years. You can see they are slowly starting to build out from that” … Pac-12 offensive coach

Coach, can you talk about why the Buffs struggle inside the 20 (last in the conference in red zone scoring)? … “Red zone offense is all about play calling. I know they brought the guy over from Texas Tech (Darrin Chiaverini) to shake things up. They didn’t have anyone who really scared us. We felt like we had a good feel for their tendencies” … Pac-12 defensive coach

Coach, can you talk about how the Buffaloes can catch up with the rest of the league? … “For a while, they didn’t have the facilities that some of the other schools did. I think they are caught up now. The best recruiting tool is winning, and until they start showing they can do that, they are going to have to put the most of their emphasis on developing guys that higher-profile schools passed on” … Pac-12 offensive coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News