ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Michigan highlights...

daveguy114

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2005
1) UCF is a terrible tackling team. If we tackle anything close to the way UCF did, it will be a long day. To give Michigan credit tho, they have some great athletes that they put into space and allow them the chance to make you look bad as well.
2) Michigan is crossing receivers all over the place. This probably, but not necessarily means alot of zone coverage for the buffs to offset some of that. Michigan seems to really like to throw to the TE alot.
3) If you watch the Oline from Michigan, they give a great run-pass read for us every play. We should not be biting on the play action fake. I understand that this is only highlights so it could be different. UCF got to running backs quickly on alot of the run plays, but could never bring the guy down.
4) Every time Michigan would bring a blitz they had a D Linemen sitting to play the screen. It seemed as if it was always the DT or DE to the wide side.
5) Michigan has a ton of speed all over the place.
6) I think Michigan is as good as advertised, but I also saw a UCF team that was terrible on special teams and equally as bad or worse when it came to tackling. They also got to play a Hawaii team that was not very good and was probably still exhausted from the Australia trip.
7) Michigan is the best team we will play all year, and I know we will be the best team they have played so far and we could be the best team all year that they are not paying attention to. Let's face it, we are still not a "good" team in most people eyes, so the Buffs need to capitalize on that early on in the game.
8) Watching the highlights actually got me more excited for the Buffs to play Michigan than I was before I watched. While Michigan makes plays, UCF also "missed" a lot of plays.
9) If we will be even or close at the end of 1, we will be in this all day. 1st quarter is where our players show they can play or stand the chance of falling into the "here we go again" trap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News