ADVERTISEMENT

Watch this short vid: Fired up energy from Karl Dorrell...some thoughts of my own

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Look at this short video below and ask yourself if you've ever seen Karl Dorrell as fired up as he is. I certainly haven't before.

I know a lot of fans think he lacks energy and intensity; his demeanor I think is the culprit there. Personally, I've never subscribed to that. I think he knows how to get his players fired up, but is the kind of guy who just doesn't do it publicly. Perhaps he feels that that bond between he and his players should remain in the locker room.

Dorrell's not a rah-rah guy. Not his style, not his personality. When you're winning, that's all well and good. But, as we're seeing right now, when you're losing, and that's your personality, it attracts criticism and can come off as lacking some fire.

I for one think that this kind of video below needs to be replicated and circulated far more often by CU's official social media channels. Why is the father of a recent commit (Chase Sowell) the one tweeting this and not the football Twitter?

I'm curious to see if you all either agree with what I'm getting at or don't.

I just think it's always beneficial to be able to show fans/prospective recruits a glimpse into the locker room every now and again. In this case, when it shows Dorrell absolutely hyped up, offering a contradiction to the critiques that he's low-energy, why not publicize it as much as possible?

Either way, I found this video intriguing. Showed HCKD in a light I've not seen before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News