ADVERTISEMENT

Under the Lights Camp Notes

TZISKIN

Buff Forever
Sep 26, 2006
I apologize for not getting this up earlier, but I had family in town this weekend and the Cavs and overall stress occupied my Sunday haha. Adam obviously did a great job compiling his thoughts earlier but I wanted to throw out my own as well...

On a general scale, this camp had the most overall talent of any I've seen in the past two summers in Boulder, especially in comparison to the camp last week. Quite a few Division 1 players, not necessarily Power 5 guys for the most part, but definitely a lot more.

Ryder Anderson, a 2017 DE from Katy, TX showed enough to earn an offer following the camp, unfortunately we didn't get to see much of the DL because they were on the opposite side of us, and they didn't rotate as much as we expected. Colorado is his first Power 5 offer.

LB prospect Carson Wells was probably the fastest pound for pound athlete at the camp. We are currently his biggest offer but I would think some other programs should be jumping up with offers shortly, he was impressive athletically. Maybe not elite side to side, but straight line speed he had a lot to offer.

Albert Tucker was with the DB groups all day and I really liked him in drills, but he got absolutely abused in 1v1s... they had him out of position and he looked more like a safety or hybrid rover prospect, but he definitely disappointed at the end of the camp. He has a Kentucky offer, but I'd be surprised if Colorado offers based on his performance.

Kamilo Tongamoa is a JUCO prospect from Merced, CA who measured in at 6'3.5" and 309lbs. He already owns a Colorado offer and the staff was definitely very impressed with his mobility at that size. Finished amongst the leaders in the DL grouping in the fastest man competition which is insane for someone his size. He already has additional offers from Arizona State, Louisville, Cincinnati, Illinois, Iowa State and Missouri so he will be highly sought after.

Tyler Asemota is a 2017 WR from Notre Dame HS, CA that earned an offer at the camp. He showed great athleticism throughout the 1v1s and has been showing well at other camps as he's recently received offers from both BYU and Oregon State.

His teammate at Notre Dame, Khalid Taylor was probably my favorite underdog at the camp. He's really short at just 5'6" and 165lbs but he didn't allow a completion on him the entire day, and this is including against matchups against 3 WRs with D1 offers. He has zero offers, and while he may be too small to earn an offer from Colorado, it's an absolute joke that he doesn't have options from lower level D1 programs or 1-AA schools.

Isaac Slade-Matautia was much smaller than we were expecting for a blue chip prospect, very unassuming for a kid with his pedigree nationally. He measured at 6'0" 205lbs. He's got offers from most of the Pac-12, but we didn't get to see him work out as he was on the other end as well, so hard to say, but we've heard the staff loves him and is very high on his coverage capabilities.

Darreon Moore is a kid we had heard of previously so we keyed on him, and honestly he was just middle of the pack amongst the DB prospects in my opinion. He has an Eastern Washington offer, I don't think he'll rack up the Power 5 offers based on what I saw in admittedly just one camp despite having a 3* Rivals ranking.

Buena Park, CA teammates Ryan Nelson and Alijah Allen earned offers from CU based on their camp performances. Nelson is a 3* guys on Rivals with a ton of offers from the Pac-12 and nationally, and I'm by no means a OL prospect expert, but he didn't look physically imposing to me. I sometimes struggle with line prospects though because they are so young and I can't project how they'll grow into their bodies. Allen is a 2018 WR who was probably my favorite WR at the camp. Very crisp routes, very lanky, good burst. We were the 1st school to offer him, but he'll definitely be tallying up more, he was impressive.

Brandon McKinney was the highest ranked prospect at the camp, but honestly he did not impress in the individual drills portion. Admittedly, they are catered to the DBs, but he seemed a step behind a few of the other guys. He did turn it up in the 1v1s, but for someone as highly rated as him, I wasn't quite sure I saw that. In fact, at first, we thought he was Alex Fontenot and we were commenting that at least we knew Fontenot wouldn't be switching to defense. He's a highly ranked kid, so he might not have been giving it full go until the end, but still surprising to see. He's got offers from major programs including USC, so obviously he's shown he can be an elite player at times.

The aforementioned Fontenot was actually not at the camp, he had to leave early. As Adam mentioned in his breakdown, CU target Chris Miller was there, but didn't participate in the camp. Based on Adam's interview, we could see an upcoming commitment from him.

A few other guys that stood out, we heard good things about, or are worth updating on...

2019 QB Alex Padilla from Cherry Creek HS. Will be one to watch in the future in state, Lindgren and Chiv spent lots of quality time with him.

2017 QB Austin Burton, who showed good athleticism but is probably a step below what we're looking to land at QB. Should end up at a solid lower level D1 program though, he already has offers from Boston College, UMass, and New Hampshire.

In-state DE/LB prospect Corte Tapia was in attendance but didn't stand out as a Power 5 player to me in drills. He has UNC and Wyoming offers which is probably about the right type of spot for him to land.

In-state 2018 RB prospect David Aggrey stood out to me as a guy to watch in-state for next class. The dude was ripped up for a kid going into his JR year and was solid in drills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News