ADVERTISEMENT

Two recent on-the-market recruits to watch

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
In the last 24 hours, there have been two recruits to decommit from initial pledges — both are guys who held previous offers from Colorado, and both are guys I think the Buffs are going to try to re-enter the conversation with.

1. Mason Mangum, three-star 2020 WR from Austin, TX. Click the link here for the full rundown of his CU connections but to summarize, his dad briefly played college ball with HCMT at Wisconsin.

On top of that, former Colorado WR Jeff Campbell (1986-89) coached Mason in his youth and he got to know Campbell's son, Blake.

Mangum was committed to Arkansas from early April to yesterday, and by all indications appears to be one of the mass exodus of recruits opting out of their Razorbacks commitment in the immediate light of (former) head coach Chad Morris' firing.

Mangum's got the connections, and Colorado was an early offer for him. Illinois and Tulane have offered, as well, and when I last talked to Mason, he said Vandy and SMU were also talking to him a lot.

Darrin Chiaverini is the primary recruiter on him, wouldn't be surprised if he starts working to get Mason out for a visit.

2. Jack Yary, three-star TE who's 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds. Yary was committed to USC from late May until late last night, and his decommitment comes as a major surprise — Yary would be a legacy Trojan. His dad, Ron, played for USC in the mid-60s, was an All-American, won a National Championship and ultimately was a the first overall pick in 1968 by Minnesota, with whom he went to seven Pro Bowls.

Yary had quite the list of offers, and yep, Colorado was among them. Nine Pac-12 schools offered, as did Auburn, LSU, Nebraska and Oklahoma State.

By what I'm seeing from the USC writers, his decommitment was not expected. Colorado currently has two tight ends in the 2020 class, Louis Passarello and Caleb Fauria, but moves to get back on Yary's radar by CU I think would be feasible.

Reactions: Telecaster1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News