ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after this one....

daveguy114

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2005
1) I am glad we have two games to work on things before they start to really count.
2) I wonder how much Irwin missing hurt us tonight? On the other hand, Kaiser got some serious play and if they need to call on him again, has some more experience.
3) The Off. coaches better start optioning the backside end on their power plays if they are not going to pick him up. CSU deliberately chased the puller and dared Montez to keep it and he either wouldn't or wasn't supposed to.
4) I guess the secret is out on how to stop us. Play a deep zone and make us throw underneath. It seems like several times we had numbers in the box and were still trying to throw it. Which, ok, the coaches have watched game film- it is just the old school in me that says when you have numbers advantages you use them.
5) It seemed like we got really stale on formations which allowed CSU to get comfortable with thier alignment and then made it easier to play defense.
6) Thank goodness for Offensive Pass Interference. I wonder if that was an emphasis this year for college officials?? None of them looked legit to me. Of course, I don't matter only the official does.
7) Defense was pretty dang good tonight. To hold CSU to 3 points and only 88 yards rushing on 33 attempts is flat out fantastic!
8) We found several defensive players tonight. Some we knew about and some we were hoping for. Drew Lewis was outstanding and Jacob Callier was great! Even Sparaco had a sack and was flying around. Add in Udoffia and we have a great nucleus for the next few years.
9) Very uninspired by play calling. Not saying it was wrong, just saying it didn't seem to ever get us in a rhythm. I for one do not like the check with me stuff. Your qb needs to be able to do that. Maybe he will later in the season. The check with me allows the defense time to communicate and the biggest thing to hurt a defense is to limit their time to communicate.
10) Where was the killer instinct? We better find it in the first half next week and have the game overwith at halftime.
11) I will bet the coaches will show enthusiasm in the locker room tonight but the next few days offensively will be no fun if you are a player. The offense better strap on their big boy pants because they are going to get challenged mentally.
12) I will always be happy when the Buffs win. But I feel happy yet dissappointed. Kind of like when you get a date to the prom but its not the one you want! (Not that i know anything about that:confused:)
13) 1-0 and the CSU side was empty at the end. I will take it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News