ADVERTISEMENT

The Rise Report

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Hey Buff Nation,

Kyle and I have written up the latest edition of "The Rise Report" here at CUSportsNation.com. Some of this will be review for some of you, but I wanted to get a lot of what's been happening with CU recruiting, so I wanted to bring it all together in one post.

--- I'll get more into the visitor list in detail, but I wanted to post a quick update on three-star offensive guard Casey Roddick. We received intel that Colorado is looking at Roddick as a grey shirt prospect, and the Buffs have not given up hope on landing Xavier Newman. If the Buffs do get Newman, then Roddick would be a grey shirt, but if the Buffs don't get Newman and Roddick wants to come to CU, then will Roddick get a scholarship? That's what will be interesting to see.

--- I spoke with 2017 point guard Jermaine Jackson today. The three-star recruit from Detroit, Michigan just landed an offer from the Buffs.

"Coach Mike Rohn came down to see me in a game this past week, but our game was cancelled, so he came and saw me practice," Jackson said. "He likes my speed, IQ, and shooting ability. They've been recruiting me for a couple months and a couple hours ago coach Boyle called and offered.

"[Boyle] told me what he thought about me and how I could help their program. He was very honest with me. It was very special talking to him about his program."

Jackson has taken one official visit thus far, and that was to Toledo. Jackson is very open to all of his options and does not have any top schools.

Colorado has certainly entered themselves in the sweepstakes to land his services.

"Colorado is a great program in a top conference, and I believe I could make an impact," Jackson said.

Jackson hopes to get Boulder in the near future.

"Yes, I plan on visiting Colorado," he said. "Coach Boyle and I talked about a official in the near future."

--- I think with the coach Tumpkin news - Trajon Cotton will likely commit to Oregon State. In fact, I have a source close to him that is pretty confident that Cotton will commit to the Beavers. Cotton will announce on Sunday, and I believe four-star tight end Josh Falo will announce on Monday. Falo is down to Oregon (visiting there this weekend), USC, and CU. Sources here believe that Falo is a USC lean. I will provide further updates as I receive them.

Click here for the story on Tumpkin resigning from CU

--- I'm not 100% sure if he made it, but Colorado commit Nate Landman was expected to officially visit Cal this weekend. He lives less than an hour from Cal right now, so I wonder if the proximity to home factor will pay off for them. Landman has been a pretty solid commit though, so we shall see how this one plays out. Our sources here do not seem too considered about Landman flipping but could see it happening.

--- The final list of official visitors for this weekend...

OT/DE Nick Ford
DE Terrance Lang (USC commit)
TE Jared Poplawski (ASU commit)
OL Casey Roddick
and the newest addition to the list, DT Jalen Sami..

Sami is a 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive tackle from Vista Ridge H.S. in Colorado Springs. I spoke to his head coach Jeremi Calip, who told me that Sami has a few offers from small schools. Colorado is likely looking at him as a grey shirt guy, per Calip.

I was thinking that Ford would end up at Cal or Washington, but now I'm hearing that it'll be Utah... In the end, I think Lang sticks with USC... Originally, a source felt like Colorado had a shot with Poplawski because of their lack of offensive coordinator, but a CU source feels like he is not seriously considering the Buffs..

--- Colorado cornerback commit Chris Miller is one to keep an eye on as we get closer and closer to National Signing Day. I'm told that he has family in Mississippi, which makes them a threat to the Buffs, and he visited there last weekend. Miller was offered by Texas, but that wasn't resulted in much. Looks like a CU - Ole Miss battle for Miller.

--- The latest we've heard is that Damion Daniels is leaning strongly towards Nebraska, and sources say that Daniels will inform coaches of his decision tomorrow.

nkm5juulrmkdlefjsdsu

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News