ADVERTISEMENT

The never ending recruiting class

SouthernBuff

All-Pac 12
Jan 24, 2002
With Josh Watts/P and Jayle Stacks/RB that makes 22 commitments with only 14 graduating seniors. Make that 15 if you add in Laviska heading to the NFL.

When I add in the transfers like Bethel, Alfano, Thomas, etc. My count has us at 89 or 4 over the 85 limit. This is not a big deal as we know. I think it is scav who always posts that it will work itself out and it always does.

My question is how many more can we take either as a transfer (Scooby Carter/CB from bama, grad QB, Alec Bryant, etc) or as a new commitment (Jason Harris, Andrew Gentry come on down!)?

Last year it seemed everyone thought Mustafa Johnson would be gone after this year but with his nagging injuries this year he didn't make as much of an impact. I just saw one website that lists him as a DT (#6) going in round 1-3. I would think if he is getting credible intel that he is a top 3 round pick that he would also go to the NFL and not risk another injury riddled season. That would put us only 3 over the limit. What do you guys think about Mustafa Johnson returning?

Maybe 1-3 more guys coming in via transfer or commitment?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News