ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Mulumba is excited to suit up for the Buffs

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Mulumba is excited to suit up for the Buffs

fmwelyl1otohuh5haag6

To say that Chris Mulumba's path to Colorado is unconventional would be an understatement.

The 6-foot-4, 270-pound defensive end is from Helsinki, Finland and did not play high school football. He was a state champion wrestler and was a four-time Finnish national judo champion from 2009-12.

Mulumba played at Diablo Valley College in 2015 and signed with Central Florida in the class of 2016. He decided that UCF was not the place to be for him, so he sat out in 2016, which used his redshirt year.

Mulumba had offers from other schools, but the Buffs were the first Power Five Conference school to offer. When did they offer? Well, today, December 15. As soon as the Buffs offered, Mulumba committed and signed.

"I've been in contact with them for a couple of weeks now," Mulumba explained. "We were just trying to figure out my academic stuff. Today, they offered me officially.

"I was just kind of waiting. I was talking with a couple of other Power Five schools too."

He never visited Colorado, but Mulumba was able to learn enough about the Buffs to choose them over schools that he was more familiar with.

"With the scholarships that I had, I thought that Colorado was the best fit for me," he said. "I've always wanted to play Power Five [Conference] football. I've liked talking to their coaches - Coach Mac, Coach Jeffcoat, and all of the other staff. I've been doing some research on Colorado on YouTube. I came to the decision that they're the best fit for me."

Mulumba is excited to show Buffs' fans what he can do.

"I'm an exciting player to watch," he said. "I'll bring physicality and speed to the defense. I can play multiple positions on the defensive line. It's going to be fun."

Mulumba will come to Colorado as a redshirt junior in January.

Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News