ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Cotton Favors Two Schools

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Cotton Favors Two Schools

l95q1iuo2hovadrkuflv

For all of the movement at the defensive coaching positions at Colorado, one would imagine that a defensive back prospect that was previously considering the Buffs would start to shy away from CU.

However, that's not the case with Sacramento (Calif.) Inderkum safety Trajon Cotton. At all.

He had a good relationship with Jim Leavitt, who is now at Oregon, and Charles Clark left for Oregon as well. There are even question marks surrounding Joe Tumpkin's future at CU.

But Cotton's contact with Colorado is still occurring often.

"I still talk to them," Cotton told CUSportsNation.com. "Coach Adams has been talking to me - and coach Chev, because they really don't have any defensive coaches right now. I always tell them to keep me updated on the hire and stuff like that. They really make sure I'm still in the loop."

A big part of why Colorado is held in such high regard for Cotton is his comfortability in Boulder and his view of head coach Mike MacIntyre.

"I just know that's a place I can always fall back on. Like, that was the first team that offered me and the first place I felt like home," Cotton said. "There's still a real family atmosphere there still, because I know coach Mac won't let that leave. He's a real DB guru; he coached DB's for the Cowboys in the NFL, so he knows what he's talking about. He will make sure it will be a great staff."

Cotton said that CU was a place he can fall back on as he said in the quote above, but don't overread what he said. He just meant that Colorado will always be a good option for him no matter what happens because coach MacIntyre will have a good plan in place.

The Buffs are in Cotton's top two along with Oregon State. The Oregon Ducks were also in consideration, but they have dropped out of the race, which has to also help CU's chances with Josh Falo, since Cotton and Falo have talked about being a "package deal."

Cotton is considering taking a fifth official visit - with the likes of Wyoming, Arizona State, and various Mountain West Conference and Pac-12 schools also being in the mix.

"I'm still debating if I want to take that fifth. If I don't I will commit in [soon] and end it all."

Click Here for Cotton's Senior Film

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News