ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Colorado is the Best Fit for Wells

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
cuvj7wu6ks3iyurllmas

After not having official visitors on campus the week before, the Colorado coaching staff hosted six recruits for visits the weekend of January 20.

Bushnell (Fla.) South Sumter defensive end Carson Wells was in Boulder and caught up with CUSportsNation.com about his trip to CU.

"It was fun. It was good to meet a bunch of the players and some of the recruits that I'll play with next year," Wells said. "I got to meet coach Eliot; that was nice."

This weekend was the first time that new defensive coordinator DJ Eliot was able to speak with Colorado recruits face-to-face. With Wells being a defensive recruit, he was excited to meet Eliot, and they clicked right away.

"He's coached a lot of good players. I have a lot to learn from him," said Wells. "It should be fun."

Wells stated that his commitment to Colorado is strong.

"I'm still feeling good about it," Wells said. "I love it there."

The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder committed to Colorado back in August and the Buffs were really the only school targeting him for a few months. And then Jim Leavitt and the Oregon Ducks offered him.

However, Wells said that he is locked in with Colorado.

"It was definitely neat," Wells said about being offered by UO. "Every kid grows up watching Oregon and all of their flashy uniforms, but they're just not the best fit for me."

Will Wells at least visit Oregon this weekend? Nope. Instead, Wells will host defensive line coach Jim Jeffcoat for an in-home visit.

Reactions: CRBuff and ATLBuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News