ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to Juwann Winfree

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
YWGQO7e.jpg

The Buffs' blue-chip receiver signee from the Class of 2016 has finished up his coursework at Coffeyville Community College and he will be departing for Boulder on May 30. While Winfree is relieved his days in the Junior College ranks are over, he is appreciative of his time at Coffeyville. “There were some big benefits for me spending time at Coffeyville. It really humbled me," he said. "Going from D-1 to JUCO is eye-opening. I had everything I could have asked for [at Maryland] but I didn't take advantage of it. I just feel now I am much more humble. I can't take things for granted anymore. I have to take advantage of this opportunity I now have to play at Colorado. I plan to make the best of it.” Of course Winfree's goal is to be the Buffs' top receiver target in 2016, following the graduation of Nelson Spruce. “I have a whole different mindset now than I did coming out of high school. I feel I am a much more dominant player, much more confident, and I feel like I will add leadership," he said. "On the field, I hope to add a new dimension to Colorado's receiving corps. I am a big receiver at 6-foot-2 but my coaches always tell me I play like I am 5-foot-11. So I am a big receiver that can move.” Davis Webb helped recruited Winfree to Boulder in the weeks leading up to signing day, and the two have remained in contact this spring. “Davis tells me he is still a Buffalo so my hope is that he remains a Buffalo, and that he'll help us do big things this year,” Winfree said. “I watched him and saw the impact he had at Texas Tech his first two seasons. I saw him grow as a player and as a person. I know how much of an positive impact we could create together.” Working on a front page write-up right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News