ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to Dante Sparaco

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
350743.jpg

Dante Sparaco is 6-foot-3.5, 265-pound in-state prospect from the Class of 2017 that was initially classified as a quarterback but now projects as a "big athlete." After a Notre Dame camp in June, based off the feedback he was getting, Sparaco decided to embrace a switch in positions. He performed well at both tight end and defensive end at CU's camp last Saturday and picked up his first power conference offer from the Buffs. CU's coaches told him they love his athleticism and his versatility surprised and impressed them.

His thoughts on the Buffs: "Colorado competed for national championships when my dad was young so that is how he remembers them. What most kids don't realize is that they used to be very good and they used to be competing with Notre Dame and Nebraska for these national titles. They are coming off a little bit of a rough stretch but they are getting a new $160 million facility and from what I saw last year going to a couple games and watching a couple games on TV, they were a team that was almost there. They just weren't quite sure how to win some of those close games. You never know what is going to happen to a team in four years. Look at San Jose State, Coach [Mike] MacIntyre took them to 10 wins. So you never know what Colorado is going to be when I graduate high school. They might be winning national titles again. You can never really scratch a team off the list based on their performance when I am a sophomore.”

Sparaco also has an offer from Colorado State. He has cheered for Notre Dame his entire life and attended two summer camps in South Bend last month. I'll have more in a front page update later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News