ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to Chase Cord

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
1787535.jpg

Chase Cord, who is one of CU's top quarterback targets from the Class of 2017, was in Boulder last Saturday with his mom and grandparents. The Peoria (Ariz.) Sunrise Mountain standout enjoyed how much attention the Buffs' staff gave him. “They really showed how much they care about me, not only as an athlete, but also as a person. We had [defensive graduate assistant] Corey [Edsall] helping us out and he was always giving us helpful information on the facilities and everything else. I just really felt the love from the coaches and that made it that much more enjoyable.” Arizona State is the only other school Cord has visited this spring. He felt the opposite about the Sun Devils. “I didn't feel as much love and support from them directed towards me," he said. "They didn't really try to make me feel comfortable or sell me on liking their school. I haven't received an offer from them, though, so that is kind of where we're at with them right now.” Cord has other offers from Boise State, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State and Nevada. He does not have any other trips lined up and said he has no idea when he will make his college decision. It doesn't seem like Cord fully understands that quarterbacks typically have to reserve their spot with a program early in the cycle. I'll have more in a front page update tomorrow morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News