ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to Carlo Kemp

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
1552464.jpg

The only four-star in-state prospect from the Class of 2016, Boulder Fairview's Carlo Kemp is still trying to keep an open mind with his recruitment. He wants to have his top five figured out by the start of his senior season and will then start taking all five of his official visits. When I stopped by Fairview about a year ago, Kemp said he was looking to leave the state for college. He has warmed up to the idea of staying close to home more since then. Kemp has been by CU multiple times: "I am in good contact with them and they are doing a good job of making me realize that if I went there, everyone in town that saw me grow up would be able to see me play for the Buffaloes. When you grow up rooting for CU and now they're recruiting you to go play for them, it is definitely different, a new experience. I am very excited to see how good they do this year, especially with their new beautiful facilities they are building. I just feel that Coach MacIntyre will get them going this year." Arizona State, Boise State, Colorado State, Kansas State, Michigan, UCLA, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming are the other programs currently after his signature. Kemp is now 6-foot-3, 260-pounds. He is moving from defensive end to outside linebacker for his senior season at Fairview. It is still up in the air as to which of those two positions he'll end up playing in college. "It really depends on how much bigger I get. If I grow more and put on another 30 pounds, I am going to have to be playing a defensive line position," he said. I'll have more on Kemp and his recruitment in a front page story later tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News