ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of CSU

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002
They just finished week 1 of their spring. Josh Lovinggood is gone from their squad. He was a very good player for them. That leaves very little experience in the trenches defensively for them. They better hope Colon is not a bust or this could be the weakest DL they've put up in years. McBride is the best player they have along the DL, but just a true sophomore.

Oddly lacking a lot of talent on the DL and DB. Stacked at RB though. I wonder why they don't move one of them to defense and help that side out. With McElroy on his way up there, they have 7 backs whom are some of the best athletes on their team. Only 3 will get carries. Seems odd to leave your defense with so little talent. Maybe that's how you win the MWC. Seemed to work for them a year ago I suppose. Just outscore your opponent and don't worry about defending. Didn't work so well against headed-to-FCS Idaho unfortunately.

In the mean time, probably not a great year to play CU with 5 very experienced linemen returning. Both guys on the left side will be 6th year guys. Center a 5th year guy with like 16 starts and the two returning sophomores on the right side. With 5th year Frazier lining up at TE at 280, I'm guessing we'll be running all day in this one. If they put 8 in the box to stop it, then it's bombs away.

Reactions: JerryCoBuffs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News