ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Greg Brown returns to CU Staff As Volunteer Assistant

powersweeper

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
This has been a story on TOS for about 5 days now, with 2 pages of mostly positive comments about this.
I followed the unwritten policy of-- stories from there, stay there and stories from here stay here.
Been waiting for someone to post it here ( hadn't seen it) and then today I saw it reported in a story in NCBUFFS Newsstand, so here you go.

It appears in this story above.

Familiar face returns

"Greg Brown’s coaching career has taken him all over the country, but the Colorado native is home once again.

Brown, 63, who was let go by Purdue in December, is working as a volunteer assistant, coaching the defensive backs. Brown is on the Buffs’ staff for the fourth time. He coached CU defensive backs from 1991-93 and 2005-09 and was defensive coordinator from 2011-12.

“I coached with Greg back in the 90s here,” CU head coach Karl Dorrell said. “He’s an excellent coach. He had some time left on his (Purdue) contract, he has family here in the area … so he just doesn’t want to get stale. I think a lot of coaches that are not in a full-time position from being employed full time, the last thing they want to do is just sit around and not do much.

“He’s very familiar with this place, so he’s going to be a guy that we can utilize as a resource and help us on the defensive side. He has a great level of expertise and I know him personally, so I think it’s a win-win for us.”

Brown coached two Jim Thorpe Award winners (Deon Figures and Chris Hudson) at CU and has four decades of experience at the collegiate and NFL levels."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMO, it doesn't get better than an unpaid volunteer assistant, with his experience lending a hand. Who knows, if they have any highly rated DB's visiting this fall maybe his influence helps land one or two of those.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News