ADVERTISEMENT

Ross & WRs

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002
That bomb to Ross (the 2nd one) should have been a TD instead of an incompletion off his finger tips. He turned and looked too soon and it slowed him down. Had he kept running through that play it hits him right in stride and he's still running. For as well as he played last year, he hasn't really taken that next step. He should be housing 2 bombs a game IMO with his speed, strength, and improved hands. So far, he has had 2 picked off against him and just isn't making the kind of impact a 5th year senior with his talent should be making. Add that to Bobo's dancing after catches instead of getting up field and the 2nd best WR crew in the nation has become one of the biggest flops since our unblockable DEs of the early '00s. Every other P5 team I've seen has more explosive WRs than CU has shown. The OL blocking and QB play hasn't helped at all, but right now not even a middle crew in the Pac 12 much less tops in the entire country.
Every time we drop back to pass now, I have low expectations. I think either incompletion or a completion that won't result in a 1st down (or a sack because we only have 5 blocking).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News