ADVERTISEMENT

Revenue sharing bill California

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
On its face this seems like a good idea for kids. The devil to me is in the details we don’t know

1. Is it 50 percent of top line revenue
2. Is it 50 percent of profit
3. If it’s profit what caps do you have on expenses and salaries for coaches and admin
4. How does this affect scholarship dollars for sports that don’t give full scholarships. Will they be required to give full scholarships first
5. Who manages the trust fund
6 how are trust fund expenses monitored and capped and how are the funds managed and monitored
7. What’s the claw back for schools it there is a dip. Should there even be one (no in my opinion)
8. What are the academic requirements? Should you have to get a degree (it is college after all). If you don’t should the money for you now go to the schools general aid and scholarship fund for all
Students (to me yes)
9. What unfair advantage does this give California over other schools

I think it’s a noble idea with a lot of pitfalls and potential abuse would be easy. I also would only support this if it required a degree from the kids to get the money. After all if you leave early for a contract that’s a choice and presumably you’ll be ok. I’d also not support extra funds that are unused going to the AD. They have enough is the idea under this and the kids deserve the money. If so then give it to students in general if there is slush. Support education and care of kids if you really mean it.

I don’t think this passes on its first try but it’s clearly another step towards pay to play. I like this idea better but it needs work and oversight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News