ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Trajon Cotton reacts to coaching changes at CU

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
a2rylfslpgc2qpbqe9sh

I spoke with three-star safety Trajon Cotton from the state of California. He is a top target left on the board for Colorado.

Jim Leavitt has obviously already been announced as Oregon's new DC, and multiple media outlets are reporting that cornerbacks coach Charles Clark is leaving for Oregon as well.

The Leavitt news has not affected his consideration of Colorado.

"No not really," Cotton told CUSportsNation.com. "I liked coach Leavitt a lot, but I still have a good relationship with the rest of the staff."

One of those other coaches that Cotton was close with was Clark, but Clark was the cornerbacks coach and Cotton plays safety, so it's not a huge knock on CU's chances.

"I just have to see what they do with the hires," Cotton said.

Cotton told me that he and four-star tight end Josh Falo are "brothers" and they still plan on playing together at the next level.

My experience in covering recruiting tells me that at the end of the day, recruits want to go to the school that best fits them. The whole "package deal" thing isn't that important when it comes to crunch time.

With that being said though, Colorado is still in good position with both Falo and Cotton - and for different reasons. Cotton loves The Rise and is very close with coach Tumpkin. With Falo, having his brother on the roster is clearly a huge advantage for the Buffs.

See Cotton's highlights below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News