ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Talent

BuffCrazy1

Sophomore
Apr 27, 2009
In the end wins and losses simply come down to talent. We are getting killed on the recruiting side of football.
We are not targeting the right talent and we are not signing the right talent.
A great example is Matt Lynch 6' 6", 4.6/40, strong, fast and very athletic kid with great leadership qualities.
The wanted to g to CU and we decided he wasn't the right fit, but yet I see a 5' 10" slow wide receiver getting to play with the same name as the head coach. We go after Rudy Ruettiger's (Jay Macintyre) instead of Top 20 D1 players.
Macintyre's down fall will be his inability to recruit top talent and the ability to recognize what top talent looks like.

I know many on this board say the Lynch kid is no good, but I guess some of the top recruiters and UCLA coaches no nothing. Please do me a favor and go watch the kid play before you determine he's not good enough. Lynch is a very good athlete with a ton of upside and we decided to go with other kids. I really believe the problems with current CU coaching staff is they really struggle with evaluating talent.

Its really starting to wear on me on how we don't focus on big fast kids, we have been the smallest and slowest team on the field for a long time now, it's really starting to get old...
I'm not sure how much longer I can take this shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News