ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Falo narrows recruitment down to five schools

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
C0un0LBXEAAJbB3.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The recruitment of Sacramento (Calif.) Inderkum tight end Josh Falo is far from over.

Falo, the nation's No. 6 tight end and four-star recruit, is seeing his recruitment change because of coaching changes.

He remains high on the Colorado Buffaloes, and the 6-foot-4, 216-pounder officially visited CU in October.

"It was a great visit," Falo told CUSportsNation.com at the Under Armour All-American Game Media Day. "When I visited with coach Chev, he was showing me a lot about how they use their tight ends, but this season they haven't used their tight ends, because they don't have one like me, so it's kind of hard."

Interestingly enough, the Buffs' chances to land Falo took somewhat of a hit when Jim Leavitt left Colorado for Oregon - even though he is not a defensive prospect and Leavitt wasn't the main recruiter for Falo from CU.

It is clear that Falo wants to go to a winning program, and in Falo's eyes, Leavitt leaving hurts their football team.

"The hardest thing about it was when coach Leavitt left to go to Oregon," Falo explained. "That was hard for me, because that was a big loss for them. He was a big DC for them. He's a great coach.

"He would talk to me, but it's mainly coach Chev. It kind of [changes things for me], because their defense helped them a lot with coach Leavitt."

Leavitt's departure also opened the door for the Oregon Ducks to get back into the thick of things of his recruitment.

"When they were losing all of those games, I wasn't that into them," Falo said. "But since they picked up [Leavitt] and coach Taggart, it was a great pickup for Oregon."

One big aspect of Falo's recruitment is that his brother N.J. plays for the Buffs.

"It does play a big role in my recruitment, because that's my brother," Falo said. "He's a big part of my career.

"I'd say it does [give CU a boost in my recruitment] but it also doesn't. I have to think about them without my brother. It's just another plus for me because playing with my brother is a once in a lifetime thing."

Falo has taken official visits to Colorado and Oregon, and after the dead period ends, he plans on officially visiting USC on the weekend of January 13.

He only has one more official visit weekend open after that, and he might take an official visit to Ohio State. Falo listed his top five schools.

"I'm going to focus on my visits that I'm taking," said Falo. "It's Oregon, USC, Colorado, Alabama, and Ohio State."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News