ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: 10 Official Visitors This Weekend

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado caps off their huge recruiting week by hosting some of their top committed and uncommitted targets from the Class of 2017 this weekend. We got the latest update, scroll down to see which prospects will be in Boulder over the weekend.

Who’s Coming - Committed Prospects

Grant Polley - Offensive Tackle - Denton, Texas
The Latest:
Currently, Colorado has 8 commitments from the State of Texas and alarm bells have been going off with new Texas Head Football Coach Tom Herman taking over. Will he go after Colorado’s already committed prospects, that answer is yes. On Tuesday, December 6th Herman was at Denton High School to visit with Buff Offensive Lineman Commitment Grant Polley. The 6-foot-5, 275 pound Under Armor All-American has been committed to the Buffs since July 11th and while he has shown great praise for the Buffs, Texas is Texas. Herman and the new staff have been aggressively recruiting him we’re told and Polley has not wanted to comment on the situation to reporters. The good news is that Polley is scheduled for an official visit this weekend to Colorado. December 9th Update. We heard that new Head Football Coach had could not get much done with Polley during his visit to Denton as Colorado Coaches had already planned to meet with Polley that day. Our sources tell us that Herman was not able to visit with Polley as much as he would of liked to. We also hear that Notre Dame has been recruiting him as of late.

Jake Moretti - Offensive Tackle - Arvada, Colorado
The Latest:
Moretti attended a few late season Colorado games to watch the Buffs beat both Washington State and Utah. Since flipping from Ohio State to Colorado, he’s full throttle CU and has been seen in several photos with fellow Buff recruits during and after games. Will be an early enrollee and will have to get treatment to heal up a ACL tear he suffered this past summer. He recently fell out of the Rivals Top 100 as he did not play a single down in 2016, but still remains a 4-Star Prospect and the No. 2 overall prospect in the State of Colorado.

Jonathan Van Diest - Defensive End/Linebacker - Greenwood Village, Colorado
The Latest:
Van Diest broke his elbow and had to have surgery, but should be healed up soon. Had a monster senior season recording 74 tackles through 11 games. We spoke with him to get his thoughts on Colorado winning 10 games through the regular season,”Overall Colorado has had an amazing year, Some of which I expected but not at the level of success they had. And I'm really excited they have demonstrated they can ball and I can't wait to be a part of that program. I knew when I committed early, that the program would turn around. I could see small indicators of that happening and now that it has and will continue I'm really excited and lucky to be going there.

Nate Landman - Linebacker - Monta Vista, California
The Latest:
Landman’s team finished the season going 12-1 and winning the D1 California Football State Championship beating Antioch 42-18 in the finals. Landman is a 6-foot-3, 212 pound linebacker that also played tight end for his high school team hauling in 38 receptions for 577-yards and 7 touchdowns. His film is like watching a human pin ball as no one could tackle him once he caught the football. On the defensive side of the football he had over 60 tackles and 4.5 sacks. We last caught up with Landman after Colorado defeated Utah, “Great win! The team really plays well together and they pick each other up. Being a defensive player the way Coach Leavitt schemes and puts their players in the right position stood out to me.”

Chris Miller - Cornerback - Denton, Texas
The Latest:
Miller had a very strong season for Denton playing receiver and cornerback, his highlights are filled with big time plays. As mentioned Notre Dame has been recruiting the Dallas Area and along with recruiting Lineman Grant Polley, they also offered Miller on December 1st. While Miller showed interest and thanked Notre Dame on social media, he’s seemed a strong verbal commitment to Colorado and there is no reason to think of him as a late flip. Having him and Polley both in Boulder this weekend is huge.

Morrell Osling III - Athlete - Antelope Valley, California
The Latest:
Osling III played Quarterback, Receiver, and Defensive Back for his high school team this past season and was productive in each area. We’ve heard he’s being recruiting as a defensive back, but it’s nice to know that he could play both sides of the football moving forward, he’s just a natural athlete and runs very smooth. We last spoke with him after Colorado finished up their regular season to get his thoughts on the Buffs winning 10 games, “The Buffs have played very well this year and have turned a lot of heads in the FBS it wasn't a surprise to me I knew they were capable of having a great season. Coach Mac is a great leader and it has shown this season he has the Heart of a Buffalo, the entire coaching staff is Real. They're not just going to just tell you what you want to hear, they want the best for their players. Coach Mac is a great leader and it has shown this season he has the Heart of a Buffalo, the entire coaching staff is Real. They're not just going to just tell you what you want to hear, they want the best for their players."

Who’s Coming - Uncommitted Prospects

Damion Daniels - Defensive Tackle - Dallas, Texas
The Latest:
Our sources tell us it’s simply between Nebraska and Colorado. Daniels visited Nebraska on September 2nd, 2016 and loved his visit to Lincoln. Daniels was originally scheduled to visit Colorado during the Washington State victory, but had to cancel because his team kept advancing in the prep football playoffs. We hear he is planning on making his commitment during the month of December. Everyone knows how big of a priority landing Daniels is, so getting him this weekend around several other already committed prospects is huge. Teammate Chevin Calloway is expected to visit Colorado in January.

Brian Edwards - Safety - Miramar, Florida
The Latest:
As you know Colorado needs to continue to reload with top talent in the secondary and Edwards is a guy that looks to fit the role of a playmaking safety. The 6-foot-2, 188 pound 4-Star Safety was had in-home visits by Miami, Florida, and Colorado. Straight shooting, it’s going to be interesting to hear his thoughts on the weather comparing Boulder, Colorado and Miami, Florida. Colorado Assistant Coach Joe Tumpkin is recruiting Edwards.

Jalen Harris - Defensive End - Mesa, Arizona
The Latest:
Harris has been a strong Arizona Commit for quite some time and even our staff was surprised to get the scoop that he was visiting Boulder this weekend. The 3-Star prospect is 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, so it’s likely he plays outside backer at the next level. While a flip is unlikely, you never know if the recruiting game.

Samuel Barnes - Safety - Richmond, Texas
The Latest:
Colorado has been big on Barnes for quite some time now and Colorado Assistant Coach Joe Tumpkin was just at his house this past Tuesday. Barnes who is teammates with Colorado Running Back Commit Alex Fontenot is a 3-star prospect on Rivals.com and is 6-foot-1, 190 pounds. We love his film, he’s a big bodied secondary player with a high ceiling. Landing Barnes would be a big late pick up by Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.