ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Thompson working on official visits, CU in the mix

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
miv726x5decartoutxbk

Highland (Kan.) Community College defensive tackle Antar Thompson has taken a long road from being a high school prospect back in the class of 2013 that signed with Missouri to now being a class of 2018 recruit.

The 6-foot-5, 325-pounder took time away from football and then got back into the game at Highland. Thompson will graduate this December and will be a true junior at his next college home.

Thompson sits at eight scholarship offers with Alabama, Colorado, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi, and South Carolina in pursuit.

"It's been going good. I'm just taking it slow," Thompson said about his recruitment. "Finishing up classwork is the main thing for me."

From Colorado, Thompson has been in touch with new defensive coordinator DJ Eliot, and he has been impressed with Eliot. The Buffs offered Thompson a month ago.

"I was pretty happy," Thompson said. "I appreciate the things coach Eliot said about me as a player. One thing about coach Eliot is that I believe what he says. He's not just telling me stuff I want to hear so that I'll like his school. He was telling me the things I needed to fix."

Since Thompson is a junior college early enrollee prospect, he is allowed to take official visits this summer. He's in the process of setting up a visit with Colorado.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do," Thompson said. "I'm going to take some official visits this summer. I feel like people should take advantage of that. It's really the only time I can take visits. The best thing for me now is to go find a place this summer that I like."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News