ADVERTISEMENT

READ: McBride was shocked by Colorado offer

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
jwfs26wxlsxkoxdipow8

Fort Morgan (Colo.) outside linebacker Trey McBride was offered by the University of Colorado this past Friday. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound 2018 prospect admits that he didn't see the offer coming.

"It kind of just came out of nowhere," McBride told CUSportsNation.com. "I wasn't expecting it all. I was in the middle of English class, and coach Bernardi texted me and wanted me to give him a call. After class, I got on the phone with him and coach Mac, and that's when it all happened.

"Coach Mac said that they sat down as a coaching staff and watched my film. They really like what they saw. I was at the junior day last week and they liked my size and everything. He sees me as an impact player and a Pac-12 player for sure. He thinks I can help out his team a lot."

McBride had a wide range of emotions upon receiving the offer.

"It really shocked me," McBride said. "I was really excited and it was really cool to get it. A lot of Colorado guys want to stay close, and knowing that these close schools want me and some big schools want me is pretty exciting."

Colorado already has three 2018 in-state commits and have offers out to a few other 2018 in-state prospects. They hope to have McBride join their 2018 verbal commitment list, but McBride is open to leave the Centennial State.

"I'm open for anything," McBride explained. "I'm willing to go out of state, but I'm willing to stay in state. Once it's all said and done, I'll figure out what's best for me, not what everyone wants me to do. I'm just going with the flow and letting it all play out."

McBride visited Colorado on February 18 for their junior day, and he enjoyed his time bonding with DJ Eliot, Gary Bernardi, and Jim Jeffcoat.

McBride also holds offers from California, Colorado State, Northern Colorado, and Wyoming.

(McBride checked in at 6-foot-3, 232-pounds at the jr day event)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News