ADVERTISEMENT

READ: In-state athlete Max Borghi lands Colorado offer

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
y1xd4zuk8w3g1yvzh259

Arvada (Colo.) Pomona running back Max Borghi was offered by the University of Colorado on Saturday during the Buffs' in-state junior day.

The Buffs join Air Force, Central Michigan, and Colorado State on Borghi's offer list. The 5-foot-10, 186-pound running back spoke with CUSportsNation.com about his first Power Five offer.

"I talked to the defensive coordinator and recruiting coach [DJ Eliot] the day before I came up there and said they were thinking about offering me," Borghi said. "The next day, it happened."

Borghi couldn't be more pumped up about the big in-state offer.

"I was really excited. It's awesome," he said. "It's Pac-12 football in my backyard. It's an awesome atmosphere, and I can go play with my buddy Jake Moretti. You can't beat that."

Borghi received the offer from Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre.

"He pulled me into his office and we talked," Borghi explained. "He said that they want me. I'm their dude. They want me at tailback/receiver - kind of like a [Christian] McCaffrey type player for them."

Receiving comparisons to a Heisman trophy contender like McCaffrey is honoring, but it won't make Borghi settle.

"It's pretty honoring, but I just have to keep working," he said. "I'm not going to stop. I have to keep going and do what I have to do."

Borghi isn't tipping his hand on whether or not he's committing to Colorado, but it seems like they are the leader in his recruitment.

"They're definitely up there as one of my top choices," Borghi said. "We'll see here in a few weeks what I decide on, but I'm definitely thinking pretty heavily on CU for sure."

He will see several more schools in the next coming weeks. His visit plans are: USC Feb. 20, Colorado State Feb. 25, and Stanford March 4.

He also hopes to visit Arizona March 11 and Washington March 18.

Related

Position Breakdown: Offensive Line

Steven Montez is ready to break out | Colorado Spring Football Headquarters

Reactions: retiredavaya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News