ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Green twins rave about Colorado

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
bqekpv7yer83jwyzv9qq

Colorado signed a talented tandem of wide receivers from Desoto High School in Texas in the 2017 cycle in KD Nixon and Laviska Shenault.

Desoto has loads of talent in the 2018 class that CU is targeting as well. We wrote this story on offensive guard Josh Jynes, who holds an offer from Colorado.

The Buffs are also targeting the Green twins from Desoto. Gemon Green is a 6-foot-2, 173-pound cornerback and German Green is a 6-foot-2, 180-pound safety.

For German Green, he's in touch with two schools frequently.

"Colorado and Oklahoma State text me every day," he said.

Darrin Chiaverini is an ace recruiter in the state of Texas for the Buffs, and he was a big reason why Nixon and Shenault signed with CU.

"He's a very cool guy," German Green said about Chiaverini. "He keeps in touch with me and checks up on me every day. He's like family. We talk about the DB's that they have there, and he has showed me their highlights."

If the Green twins, Jynes, and maybe even Byron Hanspard, another 2018 DB that CU has offered, sign with CU, then there will be a big DeSoto reunion in Boulder.

"We could motivate each other and get each other better," German Green said. "Basically, we could win another championship at the next level."

A question that the Green twins get a lot is whether or not they want to play college football for the same school. German Green noted that they're about 80% sure they want to play together.

"Yeah we want to play together in college," he said. "But if we can't, it's not a big deal."

Colorado is also a school that stands out for Gemon Green as well.

"That's a good school," Gemon Green said. "They have a good program and everything. We went there on KD and Laviska's official visit."

The Green twins will visit Texas this weekend for their junior day and plan on visiting Colorado this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News