ADVERTISEMENT

REACTION: New Buffs DB commit Jamari Holliman talks decision

Matt Moreno

Junior Starter
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California
colorado.rivals.com

Miami (Fla.) Norland defensive back Jamari Holliman committed to Colorado earlier this week, and his June official visit to Boulder played a big part in cementing his decision. The most important aspect of it is his relationship with Florida native Rod Chance, who helped push the Buffs into the top position in Holliman's recruitment after he was previously committed to Toledo. The 6-foot-1 cornerback really hit it off with the CU defensive backs coach leading to his decision this week. More importantly, Chance and Karl Dorrell made Holliman's parents feel comfortable and that helped tremendously in the process. Holliman is happy to be headed to Boulder and he plans on arriving in January as a midyear enrollee since he is currently on track to graduate high school in December.

“Just the coaching staff, I felt like it was like a second family, They all care about me and what I’m gonna become as a man instead of just as a player. When I spoke with coach Chance individually, considering he’s from where I’m from, I felt like he could relate to me. He’s someone I can talk to, and how him and my dad and my mom got along I feel like that’s heading toward the right path.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News