ADVERTISEMENT

Quick MBB update on Eli Parquet

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Tad Boyle gave a somewhat strange answer after Thursday's loss to USC when asked about Eli Parquet, who missed the game with an apparent lower leg injury, as he was in street clothes on CU's bench with a boot on his right foot/ankle.

Boyle essentially said he had no idea how long Parquet might be out and whether he was expecting a short term or long term absence from the senior guard and defensive standout.

Friday, I asked Boyle once more about Parquet, to see if things had become any more clear, and from his answer, it doesn't appear so.

Boyle Thursday after USC: "I don't have any feel for that. I don't know if he'll be out a day or a week or two weeks or a month — I have no idea."

Boyle Friday: "We'll see. I don't know the answer to that. I really truly don't," Boyle said. "That's going to be up to Eli — that much I do know — and his ability to tolerate pain."

If it's a matter of tolerating pain, then presumably Parquet's injury is not severe. Not trying to play doctor here, but frankly, from Boyle's answer to me Friday, I almost got the sense that he felt as if Parquet could tough it out and play, but is leaving the decision in his player's hands.

Personally, I would be surprised if Parquet does play. I could be wrong, as the situation with him has been far from crystal clear, but that's just my hunch.

Colorado and No. 9 UCLA tipoff at 7 p.m. tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News