ADVERTISEMENT

QB Competition

BuffMan31

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2020
I watched the game last night and I won’t even touch the defensive side because it was atrocious and not sure if it can be fixed anytime soon...

But on the offensive side it’s clear the glaring weakness is at the QB spot. Sam is clearly not the answer and should either move back to Safety if he returns or should simply move on.

The freshman QB Lewis looked much better than Noyer but still limited overall. Obviously his first game action and I thought the play calling set him up for success nicely. He should continue to improve but like I said I think he’s still limited in his throwing and ability to stretch the field.

The transfer from Tennessee JT Shrout will be the answer I believe. He has good size at 6’3” 215, excellent arm talent, can make all the throws, and has experience reading defenses and making line adjustments in the running game. Having played against the best SEC defenses like Alabama, Florida and Texas A&M gives him experience none of the current QBs have. I believe he will come in and will the job next season.

Either way it looks like next Spring will be very competitive and entertaining with the coming QB competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News