ADVERTISEMENT

Props to the women: Recap from the CUEC

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Had to get to tonight's hyped up matchup between No. 22 Colorado and No. 2 Stanford. Great effort by the Buffs, with stingy defense early on helping CU lead by four at halftime. But the Buffaloes couldn't buy a shot in the fourth quarter nor from three for the entirety of the night and Stanford, which was only a touch better offensively, created some separation in the fourth quarter that Colorado could not catch up to.

Ultimately, in terms of the bigger picture, we've got a nice rivalry developing between Colorado and one of the bluest of the blue bloods in Stanford. CU has kept things close with the Cardinal on multiple occasions over the past few seasons, culminating in last year's shocking upset of the then-No. 1 (and later national champion) Cardinal.

If anything, the Buffs are punching up at Stanford convincingly. I'd like to think that these are the kinds of losses that eventually build up to wins. For as talented as Colorado is this year, Stanford also is stacked with returning talent from last year's team.

JR Payne and her team I'm sure aren't about moral victories, but tonight was a valiant effort. Shouldn't hurt CU too much in the rankings. Lots of hoops to play this year for Colorado and the NCAA Tournament is still very much in reach.

Fun game to watch tonight, glad I made it down to Boulder!

Buffaloes suffer first loss of the season to No. 2 Stanford, 60-52

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News