ADVERTISEMENT

Practice report #6

B

Brie Thomas

Camp is flying by this season. Practice report #6 coming to you in a little bit with interviews from Steven Montez and Leo Jackson.

Practice Report:

BOULDER-- With two-a-days ahead of them, the team took the field today and continued to grow. Coach is hoping the team brings a tough mentality to practice tonight.

The team will work more on special teams tonight. "We work a lot of heavy special teams in our second practice and a lot of situations more in our second practice. Our first practice is more of an overall regular practice."

Speaking of special teams, the Buffs this season need to find those two special guys that are going to be able to contribute heavily on special teams. Whether that's Phillip Lindsay or Donovan Lee like last year. Someone is also going to need to step up in the absence of Nelson Spruce who was on the field often last season during punt returns.

"We've been working on it everyday, but through all these two-a-day times, we'll even dive into it more. Everyday we've basically done a different faze and parts of fazes, a lot of drill work in that area and now we will kind of put it all together, as a whole kickoff unit."

Donovan Lee should be big for the team this year, as he has been solely focusing on tailback. Lee has gained some size and should be a big contributor for the Buffs in the backfield.

"He's going to play a lot for us at tailback this year, he's kind of multidimensional there, he can be at tailback, he catches the ball well. If you noticed he's put on some more muscle and weight. He was a powerful runner anyway but he's more powerful, he's just short."

The team will have meetings today and some recovery time before they have their second practice of the day in the indoor practice facility. There are no coach or player interviews after practice today. So the next coverage will come tomorrow, hopefully we will be able to get some incite on how tonight goes tomorrow morning.

Key Quotes from Player Interviews:
Steven Montez:
"I've learned a lot, I always tell everybody Sefo is a huge leader to me, he's also a great friend. He's kind of mentored me into the person I am today. I've learned a lot from him, he's just kind of taught me and brought me up through the ranks." On learning from Sefo.

Leo Jackson:
"He brings something different, brings a new feel to it. Just his natural energy, the way he runs around, the way he makes the defense accountable for everything that we do, even the little things, changes the defense." On Coach Leavitt.

More Team Coverage

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CL34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News