ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report #5

B

Brie Thomas

Practice continues today! Video interviews with Coach MacIntyre, Bryce Bobo and Tim Lynott will be posted later.

BOULDER-- With the sun finally shinning and nice day in Boulder, Colorado the team got after it at practice number 5. The players were in full pads today and the hard hitting began.

"When you get hot and tired everybody knows it, when you get hot it just kind of makes you miserable and you got to fight through it mentally. That's what I what them to do, I want them to be able to fight through that mental part of it, not give into it."

"I thought they fought through it today."

With the full pads attire the players are able to really get after it and show their strength and speed to coaches. It helps them prove to the coaches why they deserve to be playing this season.

"We hit, we did a little goal line scrimmage, the rest of the time was staying up, but they had a good time," coach MacIntyre on the first day in pads. "It's more physicality, we will get in and watch the film and see how strong some of the guys are, how physical they are."

The players are bringing that extra fight and power during practice, especially with their full pads on.

Kenneth Olugbode should be a big factor on defense this year. He has good size and strength and also has the ability to drop into coverage. Coach MacIntyre talked about Olugbode after practice today.

"He's very intelligent, he's an extremely hard worker, so the team respects him on the field, off the field. He's very well-rounded, is the best way for me to explain Kenneth Olugbode. Just like his football game he's a really well-rounded football player."

Tomorrow marks the first two-a-day practice. The players aren't too excited about it but coach MacIntyre and all the other coaches are ready to get them started.

"Any sport that has two-a-days the players really don't want to do it, but it's a necessary evil cause we have to get so many practices in before the first game. They will be ready to go, we will and I hope to see a good mental attitude of them."

Tomorrow should test the strength and conditioning of the players. With two hard-hitting practices in one day, this should help build up not only their mental strength but their physical strength as well.

More Team Coverage

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News