ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report #3

B

Brie Thomas

Practice Report No. 3

BOUDLER-- For the first time this camp, the Buffaloes held their first practice in pads. There was a lot of heavy hitting and high energy, from not only the players but also the coaches.

"I thought the guys had a good practice in pads, I thought they did real well for the day," Coach MacIntyre after practice.

The team was really getting after it today and were being competitive with each other throughout the whole practice.

"They were competing fiercely but they were taking care of each other, which is a sign of an older team."

Speaking of older players on the team, Tedric Thompson showed his maturity during practice and came away with some good plays.

"He made a bunch of really good plays today, I think he's a PAC 12 caliber player. He had a good day today and I expect him to make plays like he does," MacIntyre.

As fall camp continues, the team should continue to grow in their strength but also in their mental game. With a large amount of seniors and red shirt juniors on the team this season, there is no doubt that they will have leadership on both sides of the ball.

The team will have tomorrow off and practice will continue on Monday. There will be a open scrimmage next Saturday inside Folsom Field at 9:05.

Key quotes from practice:

Coach Mike MacIntyre
"Were focusing emphasis on the redzone, every team does that but we put extra emphasis, because the year before we did well in the redzone and last year we didn't do as well."

Addison Gillam:
"I think were one of the closest groups, us and the O-Line probably hang out the most, we got a lot of group chats. I think thats helped a lot this year, were real close."

Jeromy Irwin:
"Full speed, all the time. Tempo tempo tempo, were not gonna come out there and try to get in a huddle, were not gonna take our time."

Fall Coverage
Camp Roster
August Schedule

Practice No. 2
Day 2: Premium Practice Report
Day 2: Mike MacIntyre talks at Media Day

Day 2: Darrin Chiaverini talks at Media Day
Day 2: Phillip Lindsay talks at Media Day
Day 2: Tedric Thompson talks at Media Day
Day 2: Photos From Media Day

Practice No. 1
Day 1: Premium Practice Report