ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report #20: MacIntyre Talks What To Expect Against Colorado State

B

Brie Thomas

Talking with Coach MacIntyre and Tedric Thompson today!

BOULDER-- With the Colorado State game only five days away, the team has officially entered game week preparation but they are treating every practice this week the same.

"They've practiced just like they always have, they are probably mentally more excited for sure," said Coach MacIntyre after practice. "Nope no different, same everyday."

If the offense wants to put up big points against Colorado State they are going to need navigate through CSU's defense and their returning defensive coordinator, Marty English.

"He did an excellent job, they did a great job against us two years ago and they played well us against us last year also. He's well known in our industry and does a great job, I know he'll have a good plan ready," MacIntyre on English.

The Buffs also might have a little advantage over the Rams who only have one returning starter this year on defense, but Coach MacIntyre knows the rest of their defense can play.

"We've watched all their junior college guys they signed on film, they got some really good athletes, they had some freshmen last year that they played, they'll have them ready to go. They signed some good players, I was impressed with their junior college film."

Stopping Colorado State's Dayln Dawkins (RB) and Nick Stevens (QB) is going to be key for the Buffs on Friday night.

"Tackle him better, he's a heck of a runner, he did that in a lot of games I watched on film, he's quick, athletic, he's a darter. We've got our rally to him and hopefully we can get off some blocks better and be able to stop him," on the key to stopping Dawkins this year.

"I thought he has very good accuracy and I thought as the season went along he started getting more and more command of the game that's why he made Mountain West Second Team Conference. He can make all the throws and he handles their offense really well," on Steven's maturation over the year.

Big plays are the name of the game against Colorado and Colorado State, year after year each team goes for those crowd pleaser.

"We'll definitely try to do that, you know we made some big plays and they made some big plays last year. Early in the season, last year it was our third game so it's a little bit different but early in the season sometimes that happens a little bit more often than not."

The Buffs will look to pressure Colorado State all game come Friday, causing turnovers that ultimately lead to more points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News