ADVERTISEMENT

Please convince me

smash mouth buff

Buff Heisman
Dec 16, 2010
that our recruiting is getting better. I'm not trying to rile anyone up, I just want to be optimistic about the direction of our football program. Here is what I'm seeing:

2013 class - 2.68 average
2014 class - 2.67 average
2015 class - 2.78 average
2016 class - 2.50 average (so far)

I bring this up because most of us have been frustrated by the lack of recruiting success for several years now and we see the talent gap between CU and the rest of the P12 on the field every Saturday.

As we all know, this year is going to be a small class so our overall ranking is guaranteed to be poor. That said, I think most people on this board expected a significant uptick in our average stars this year because of the top notch facilities opening up. We also hired 2 new assistant coaches who appear to be good recruiters.

So far we have a 2.50 average which is dead last in the P12. I will optimistically say that I think Roberts and Udoffia both have a good chance of being upgraded to 3 stars. If that happens we'll have a 2.83 average. Of course, other programs around the conference are probably saying the same thing, that a few of their recruits could be upgraded between now and signing day as well.

On the bright side, Roberts had offers from ASU and Kansas. Udoffia had an offer from Washington State. Blackmon had offers from 9 other P5 programs. This means 50% of our class so far has at least 1 other P5 offer and that's a step in the right direction for CU.

MM said the new facilities helped in recruiting last year which was puzzling to hear because so few of our commits had P5 offers. Most people on this board figured the facilities wouldn't really help until this Summer/Fall when we could show them off to recruits and that the 2016 class would absolutely have to be better than last year's class. Even a few of the most sunshine of all sunshine pumpers said MM would need to recruit better this year because of the financial investment made into these new facilities.

It's now August 3rd and we have 6 commits and it sounds like we MIGHT be adding a 7th this week who is a 2-star who no P5 offers. This would bring our average stars down to 2.43 and we'd fall even further behind the rest of the conference.

I want to be optimistic about the talent coming into this program and I want to believe we'll be a good P12 team in the near future. I'm not looking for people to scream at me and tell me that I should trust the coaches with their evaluations. I'm looking for people to convince me that we're recruiting better than we used to and that our new facilities -$$$$$$ - are indeed paying off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News