ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question for all you Avs fans

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
My Penguins have bowed out of the playoffs in the first round in three straight years. The Avs have fallen three straight times in the second round, with this most recent early exit to Vegas stinging even more on account of the Presidents Trophy won by the club.

For all you Avs fans out there, do you point at the team plateauing under Bednar? I've heard prospective rumblings that he may be in the hot seat now, although the validity of that I can't attest to. One can also tell from Nathan MacKinnon's postgame press conference that he appears to be pretty damn close to the end of his rope in terms of having not much to show as he approaches a decade in the league. He's a guy who wears frustration on his face after each and every loss, but I do wonder his satisfaction level of being in Denver and viewing the Avs as a franchise with whom he can achieve a championship.

Ultimately, this team went from worst to first in a pretty impressively short amount of time. I'm not sure the current situation should be placed on Bednar's lap.

Avs' D was lackluster. For starters, need a free agent for next year that's more of a physical specimen.

Just curious how the Avs fans here are handling last night's loss as well as looking ahead to the future...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News