ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing Coaches' assessments of CU (from the News Stand today)

QinMing

Buff All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2011
I don't disagree with any of this. IMO, This is a critical season to continue upward trajectory of program rather than lapse into all-too-familiar 1 step forward-2 steps back pattern.

From Athlon Sports … Opposing Coaches Size up Colorado:

— “Give them credit for what they did in Year One. I’m not sure it’s sustainable, but it worked for them under some tough circumstances. They got wins against not great teams, but they were supposed to be that kind of game for everyone else”;

— “Karl (Dorrell) is going to take some steps to make it more of his program. I think that’s why he made the change at defensive coordinator. Statistically, they performed pretty well in a lot of categories, but he got rid of (Tyson) Summers because they got blown out against Texas after coming down a bit”

— “The schedule is a lot hard for them in conference, and they’re also playing Texas A&M and Minnesota, so expect some of that good luck to fade”

— “The running back (Jarek Broussard) is their guy right now. He’s incredibly talented, and they want to use him until the QB (Brendon Lewis) gets up to speed. I think it’s clear they want to bring him along slowly. Right now, that offense is built around spreading you out enough to work the run in. They want to create easy wins in the passing game and open up light boxes to run out of”

— “This is the real test coming up. (Mel) Tucker left because he didn’t think you could win consistently and he didn’t want to get stuck. If they do it again this year and find some kind of consistency recruiting, it would be huge for that program”

Reactions: SoCo Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News