ADVERTISEMENT

NU last yr vs this yr

stealthbuff

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2016
Trying to find ways to be optimistic prior to my trip to Lincoln. I looked at last year's stats against NU. I am starting with the assumption that this year's defense and offense are better than last year's and that the CU D is better than UTEP. Last year we gave up 222 yds rushng (5.4 per carry) of which 67 came from the QB. Against UTEP, NU had 223 yds and 4.7 per and nothing from the QB.

I believe we need to control the running game and force their QB to make plays. If our D can do better than last year and this year's UTEP team, we should be in pretty good shape. Seems doable, even on the road. Our LBs need to be on their game from kickoff to final gun.

From a Offensive perspective we gained 123 yds on the ground, 100 without QBSS yards and managed to win. It feels like we should be able to match that at least.

WE were +3 on turnovers.

I listened to a 75 minute podcast from a lincoln anyalst last night - Dr Ron i believe. He was not mincing words and spoke of his hate for CU, the players, the fans, the coaches. I know this is a common sentiment for the Husker fans this week, I know several NU Fans that have said the same to me. THeir freshman QB with a cornhusker dad will be under incredible pressure to not lose this game. We need to keep this baby
close and let QBSS and the offense takeover in Q4. If we are within 7 points to start the 4th we should have a good chance to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.